This training course* meets the requirements allowing pharmacists to order and administer COVID-19 monoclonal antibodies via the 9th amendment to the COVID 19 PREP Act. Indications, contraindications, efficacy, eligibility requirements, and potential adverse events of monoclonal antibodies in the treatment and prevention of COVID-19 are discussed, preparing you to initiate these services in your pharmacy.
*in addition to immunization administration training
Upon successful completion of this knowledge-based CPE course, pharmacists should be able to:
1. Discuss the indications, contraindications, and efficacy of monoclonal antibodies in the treatment and prevention of COVID-19
2. Apply eligibility requirements for use of monoclonal antibodies in the treatment of patients with COVID-19
3. Review intramuscular and subcutaneous medication administration techniques
4. Respond to potential adverse events associated with monoclonal antibodies treatment
5. Consider regulatory factors for administration of monoclonal antibodies
John A. Galdo, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, BCGP (Jake)
Course Content and Developer, CEimpact
Pharmacist, Ross Bridge Pharmacy
John A. Galdo does not report any actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to this continuing pharmacy education course.
Course fee includes course, course materials, and CPE credit submission to CPE Monitor.
Course is non-refundable.
Initial Release Date: September 24, 2021
Planned Expiration Date: September 24, 2024
Copyright 2021, CEimpact. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction of this course without express permission is strictly forbidden.